The Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) sole source vehicle enables agencies to engage in direct buy contracts with SDVOSB contractors. KOMPSYS is a certified SDVOSB and is registered in the VetBiz.gov Vendor Information Pages (VIP) database.
In 1999 the Veterans Entrepreneurial Act and Small Business Development Act (Public Law 106-50) established a contracting goal for federal agencies to award 3% of prime contracts to SDVOSBs. The Veterans Benefit Act of 2003 created the procurement program for small business concerns owned and controlled by service-disabled veterans. The purpose of the SDVOSB Program is to provide Federal contracting assistance to service-disabled veteran-owned small business concerns. In 2004 President G.W. Bush signed Executive Order 13360 calling for an increase in federal contracting and subcontracting opportunities for SDVOSBs.
In 2006 President G.W. Bush signed into law the Veterans Benefits, Health Care, and Information Technology Act of 2006 (Public Law 109-461). This law provides the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) with unique authority to conduct set-aside and sole source procurements with small businesses owned and operated by veterans. This legislation authorizes a unique “Veterans First” approach specific to VA contracting. This approach changes the priorities for contracting preferences within VA, placing SDVOSBs and VOSBs first and second, respectively, in satisfying VA’s acquisition requirements.
- The SDVOSB sole source vehicle provides agencies a simplified and shortened acquisition procedure
- Reduced decision cycle: time required to award an SDVOSB sole source contract is usually within days
- Lowered administrative costs: procurement process and time is reduced to a minimum
- Prices reflecting the best value: agency negotiates with the firm directly to get the best value
- Credit for promoting SDVOSB participation within agency
Contract Type: Sole Source - SDVOSB
Contract Number: N/A
Point of Contact: Kevin Doby - firstname.lastname@example.org